Tuesday, September 27, 2011

All Just Glass by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes


Sarah Vida has been turned into a vampire, a mortal sin to someone from her vampire hunting family. Her sister Adia has been sent to hunt her down with the help of their fellow vampire hunters. Yet as the hunt goes on, things start to seem not so clear cut to Adia. Her sister doesn't seem like a mindless monster and the vampires that turned her actually seem fairly reasonable. But it's too late as their mother has set off an ancient blood ritual that has now pit the witches and vampires at war. Adia also starts to realize that her vampire hunting family is hiding more than a few secrets.

Genre: supernatural

Rating: 3.5/5

I probably have a skewed rating of this book. As I was reading I kept thinking "this feels like I'm missing a huge chunk of information". Atwater-Rhodes just sort of plowed along like I should know the back stories of different characters and understand randomly thrown out characters. I kept thinking it felt like the book should be part of a series, but when I picked it up from the library, there was nothing on the book that indicated it was part of a series or if it was, where it even fell in that series. It wasn't until I read the author information in the back that I found out this IS part of a series and not a stand alone book. Yet I couldn't have told that from the book itself other than I felt like I'd started watching a movie in the middle.

The book itself was interesting in the plot department, but I kept having trouble keeping Khristopher and Nikolas apart or figuring out how Sarah actually got turned into a vampire. Or what the deal with Christine was. It's like I could figure out what was going on with the current plot, but when they kept throwing things in they lost me. If this was a series that the BOOK HAD DOCUMENTED ON THE COVER I would have been okay with that. But considering I had to go on a scavenger hunt just to find that this was part of a series, in my mind this book should be able to stand alone and it doesn't really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment